Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Catch Up To My Life

Apologies in advance for not posting for a while and for having a super long post, once again! :0)

Well, I thought was doing pretty good keeping up this blog. Hahaha, that changed over the holidays!
OK, let me try to catch y'all up in somewhat coherent order.
December 13: The Christmas H2O. I'm not posting pictures because this is just a quick run-through on what's gone on. Check the h2o blog, maybe Mrs H2O has updated it! :0) Anyway, it went really well. We played a story game where everyone wrote three lines on a piece of paper, crumpled it, threw it in the middle of the room, grabbed another piece, wrote two lines, crumpled it, threw it, grabbed another, wrote two or three lines for an ending, crumpled it, threw it, and then had to read the next story we picked out. It was hilarious! Some of the stories were incredibly funny. H2Oers should recognize these following quotes:
"Except for the Bear, who came back and killed the king."
"So his master went to his police car, got some tear gas, and...well, let's say the cat never came back."
"She went to her room, pulled her pillow off her bed, and pulled out a bazooka."
"Yes, Dresilla was a vampire fairy godmother."
LOL! I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair. We have some strange minds in the group (I mean seriously, turning a fairy godmother into a vampire?!?!? LOL, that’s for you, Justin). Maybe sometime I'll post some of the best stories.
Then we played a gift game. I got to start out, yippee, which I didn't want until I remembered that the first person also is the one who usually gets what they want. So....yeah! The most popular gift was a 12 pack of Mountain Dew, so many people wanted that it was really funny!
OK, moving on...December 19: The BIG Christmas concert, “Amahl and the Night Visitors”. It was a little crazy…OK, so like a lot crazy! We had three performances total that day, with the big finale one being the evening performance. I was so nervous I started shaking. Luke S told me my face was “white. As in the color of my shirt white.” I think the last time I was this nervous was probably my first piano solo at Federation. But, it went off pretty good, there was some miscommunication and all but nothing super serious. And we impressed a few doubters, which is always nice to be able to prove we can do something.

Something really major happened on December 21, but I’m going to devote a whole blog post to it so I’m jumping over that for now.

Hmm…let’s see….the next big event would be January 1st, the party we had at our house just this past Thursday. New Year’s Day/housewarming/game party, to be precise. :0) The big deal of the evening was the big Capture the Flag game we had once it turned dark. We’d cleaned up a section of the woods (we had help from some of the T crew...thanks!) above our pond and divided it up with glowsticks. Oh yeah! No video game can beat a good game of Capture the Flag! The first game was over so quickly, I really didn’t do much other than work on organizing the border patrol. The second game we played, Mary P and I spent over half our time in the “enemy” territory, wandering around trying to find their “flag” (blue glowstick) and their prison. We found their prison, mainly because I listened to Caleb P and Colin C’s shouted conversation on where to take one of their prisoners. I didn’t even have to follow Caleb. Oh yeah, and we made a jump for the glowstick. Mary actually got it, then got tackled by Colin. She tried to throw the stick to me because I was almost in our territory, but it slipped right through my hands. Sarah S, who was on the other team, picked it up just as Owen mistakenly tackled her. They both landed on me and Colin dogpiled on the top of them.

So of course they decided we were prisoners and had to be taken to prison. Right after we got there, Josh’s time was up so he slipped away, met Sam in our territory, and they decided to rescue Mary and me. They pretended like Josh was a prisoner again, and they went right around Caleb P, touched us, and said, “We’ll be taking them back with us, Caleb.”

Caleb sputtered and grumbled about it but since they played by the rules, he had to let us go! :0) The night ended with bruised shins from crashing through brush piles, scrapes and scratches, and various degrees of soreness, but that was completely OK because it was so much fun!

January 2nd, we played Frisbee at Willard because it was almost 60, very unusual weather for January but that’s OK cause we had a LOT of fun! :0) We had enough people that we just split into two strings per team and changed each string out every two points, which was fine because it gave me a chance to catch my breath. It was kind of a brutal game—the longest in this group’s history. We played to 23-21 because you have to win by two points. And my team didn’t win. Oh well. It was still fun!

And yesterday, Josh and I went over to the Hs for a surprise 21st birthday party for Joy. Heehee! Quite a lot of fun…we all lined up on the road by the Hs and waved to Joy as she went past! Once she got over her initial shock, we had cake and ice cream, then we went downstairs and played Mad Gab for a while. That is one fun game! We also played Frisbee, and I got switched to the other team in the middle of the game to make it more “fair”. But that was OK. I didn’t play super well, but I was kinda sore and achy from Frisbee the day before and Capture the Flag before that. Jessi, Colin and Rachel, who didn’t play Frisbee, watched “The Inspector General”, a silly old movie with Danny Kaye in it. I’ve seen it once before, it's OK, one of the types were its best if you stay up late to watch it. :0)

And today…well, I’m working on my writing stuff. So far, I’ve researched a possible market for a devotional I wrote, emailed some interview questions to people, am writing a query letter, have emailed some friends, have posted on this blog, and tomorrow I’m going to sign up for the Writing For the Soul conference in Colorado Springs next month. Yay!

And hopefully later tonight or tomorrow, I’ll fill you in on one of the biggest happenings of my life so far. Until then!