Monday, December 15, 2008

Who Turned THEM Loose on Their Own?!?!?

Yep, I'm sure that's what some people thought. This is the official blog about my graduate group's 2008 trip to Silver Dollar City. What a day!!! It was exactly like an h2o, only smaller but probably just as noisy and rambunctious!
I drove over to Rachel and Colin's house, then together with Liz we all went into Springfield to meet the rest of the group. The Ts kindly let us use their shuttle bus, yay! I was official DJ for the group, so I brought a stack of CDs plus made my own special CD comprised of random Christmas songs from Mannheim Steamroller, Casting Crowns, David Crowder* Band, Kutless, and I don't remember who all else.
So, we all piled into the shuttle bus. Justin was driving (scary thought). Within seconds of him starting the bus, Sarah calls out, "Daddy, I need to go to the bathroom!"
"I thought I told you to go when we stopped last," Justin said.
So then everyone started doing it to Justin. "Daddy, Colin pushed me!" "She's invading my space!" "I'm tired!" "I'm hungry!" "Are we there yet?" "She's still invading my space!" :0)
That was only the start of the craziness. I kept the volume up pretty loud the entire way there and we all enjoyed singing and laughing. The Ts had provided red licorice (SDC tradition), Dr. Pepper, and trail mix. Mary P brought some cookies. So we nibbled snacks all the way down there. Oh yes and listened to a couple of songs from Justin's computer, which were the automated voice from the weather station singing Christmas carols. Someone seriously had way too much time on the night shift! "Jingle....bell.....jingle.....bells....jingle all the....way...." Yeah, it was kinda sad.
Here are some pictures from the afternoon. They're in random order, btw.



Guess who this is. I'll tell you at the end of the blog.


This is Sarah T. Yes I actually got her to try on the leprechaun hat with the beard, it was pretty funny.

This one of Joy is even better. With her eyes crossed like that she looks like a cartoon character.

Yours Truly!
In the Mine Shoot-out ride. Rachel and Colin are in the front (Rachel is on left) Then Joy and Liz in the back (Joy is on the left).

Waiting in line for The Christmas Carol. I don't think the play is as good as when it ran the first year, but Owen and Mary had never seen it, so we had to go see it. And ps, I have no idea what I'm doing, probably showing how big something was in a story. As most of you have figured out I'm like my mom and talk with my hands all the time. :0) Side note: Man, the angle he took this at makes me look super short next to Owen!

The Mine Shoot-out again, me on the far left, Mary's back, and Sarah's hand. :0)

The guys of the grad group, except for Chris C (on the left arm of the chair). We ran into him and he hung around with us for a while. Anyway, continuing from Chris, there's Joel, Owen, Colin...and in the front who else but Justin.

Owen, Mr. I-Hate-Pictures-Taken-Of-Me

Colin and Rachel

A disturbing picture of Justin known as the "disembodied head pic". And no this was not photoshopped. It was in the Mine Shootout, I turned and tried to take a pic of him and Owen. Owen moved, obviously.

Waiting in line for the Christmas Carol again....Owen and Rachel

The girls of grad group. From left, me, Joy, Mary, Liz, Sarah, Rachel in the front.

So yes, needless to say it was a crazy day. Cold, but well worth it. The way home was pretty crazy too, we listened to music almost full blast. Lots of craziness. I got home about 11:30, I think.....I dunno, its been over a week. Then Mom and I stayed up late talking about the day and everything, so it was nearly 1 by the time I got to bed.

The leprechaun picture at the beginning was Justin. Who else?

Coming up next, a post about the h2o!!


(And btw, you may wonder what the video below has to do with grad group. Nothing except Justin was involved in both of them. This is a Merry Christmas video he sent us....pretty funny, actually. Enjoy!)